Crispy Chicken Wings for Dad
Father’s Day is coming soon! Get in the spirit now and get your deep fryer out to experiment in time for Father’s Day.
If your Dad/Husband is anything like my husband, he’ll love these crispy chicken wings! These crispy golden chicken wings, battered in a crunchy corn flake mix, are deep-fried delicious, just the way we like them. Serve them warm along with crunchy vegetable crudites and a variety of cool dips.
Ingredients for Crispy Chicken Wings:
- oil for deep frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 8 tablespoons garlic powder, divided
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups crushed cornflake crumbs
- 24 chicken wings
- 1/2 carrot, cut into thick strips
Cooking Instructions for Crispy Chicken Wings:
- Preheat oil in a large, deep skillet or deep fryer. In a shallow dish or bowl mix together 3/4 cup flour with 2 tablespoons garlic powder; in a second shallow dish or bowl combine eggs and 4 tablespoons garlic powder and mix together. In a third shallow dish or bowl mix together cornflake crumbs, remaining 1/4 cup flour and remaining 2 tablespoons garlic powder.
- Dip each wing in the flour mixture, crumb mixture, egg mixture then back in the crumb mixture. Drop carrot into hot oil; when it starts to fry, drop in the wings. Fry about 10 minutes, or until cooked through – they’ll be a deep golden color.
Servings per Recipe: 12
- calories: 323cal
- total fat: 15.4g
- cholesterol: 126mg
- sodium: 223mg
- carbohydrates: 32.2g
- fiber: 0.9g
- protein: 13.7g